enjoy delving into the Artists' Biographies
Fiona was born in Sydney Australia. Fiona completed a BFA at the National Art School majoring in Sculpture in 2016, and in 2017 won the Clyde & Co Emerging Artist Award.
With an education in Graphic Arts and an interest in travel, Fiona resided in London for several years, working with the Royal Academy of Arts and freelance designing. Fiona completed several workshops in Bronze Casting at the National Art School in East Sydney with renowned sculptor Clara Hali and has also created Marble sculptures in Italy under the guidance of the master sculptors, Dietlind Petzold from Germany and Usama Alnassar from Cararra, Italy.
Her work has been acquired by both local and international collectors and she continues to develop her practice between her Hunter Valley Studio and her home in the Blue Mountains.
- 2016: BFA – National Art School
- 2008 and 2012: Marble Carving, Carrara, Italy with Usama Alnassar,
- 2003 and 2005: Marble Carving, Suveretto, Italy with Dietlind Pezzold.
- 2001 – 2016: Sculptural Bronze Casting workshops with Clara Hali , National Art School.
- 2019: TIA International Art Exhibition. Trevisan International Art, Bologna, Italy. Nov/Dec 2019.
- 2019: Shanghai International Art Fair. November 2019
- 2019: Bathurst Regional Gallery. Bathurst Art Fair. 27th September to 13th Oct.
- 2019: Spice it up. Wild Valley Art Park. 17th August to 15th September.
- 2019: The Hive Gallery. Victoria. Form, A group exhibition of bronze sculpture. 6th Sept to 29th Sept.
- 2019: The Other Art Fair. Melbourne
- 2019: Creative Edge Artists Trail. Studio 705 Sydney 2019: BDAS Sculpture Prize. Finalist
- 2018: Studio 705 Group exhibition, Leichhardt, Sydney. 2018: Woollahra Small Sculpture Prize. Finalist
- 2018: Metal Urges at Braemar Gallery, Springwood. 28th April 2018. 2018: Sculpture in an Orange Garden, Friends of Orange Regional Gallery. 2018: Bowral Sculpture Prize. BDAS Gallery Bowral.
- 2017: Group Exhibition. Katoomba Falls Kiosk Gallery, Bronzes from the Vault
- 2017: M Contemporary, Denfair Melbourne 2017: Shadow Play. M Contemporary, Woollahra
- 2017: Clyde & Co Emerging Artist Exhibition.
- 2017: Bowral Sculpture Prize. BDAS Gallery Bowral. 2017: Abstracts Art Exhibition \’ Light, Space & Time\” 2016: National Art School 2016 Graduate Exhibition
- 2016: Group Exhibition: Liminal, National Art School Stairwell Gallery.
- 2017: Margaret Olley Drawing Week with National Art School: Hill End. Assist Charles Cooper
Awards & Press
- 2021: Published in ARTERY NYC: http://arterynyc.com/ 2020: Published: Middle East Art Collectors Book Vol 2.
- 2019: TIA International Exhibition Bologna, Galleria d’arte di Marche. Award for Excellence.
- 2019: BDAS Sculpture Prize. Finalist 2018: Woollahra Sculpture Prize. Finalist. 2018: Bowral Sculpture Prize. Finalist
- 2017: CLYDE & CO AWARD 2017 Winner
- 2017: Bowral Sculpture Prize. Finalist
- 2017: Abstracts Art Exhibition \’ Light, Space & Time – Online Art Gallery \” , Florida – Finalist Special Merit Category
- 2017: Lawyers Weekly article re Clyde & Co win.