enjoy delving into the Artists' Biographies
My early career was in graphic design with a break for family life. I then pushed further into fine art completing my Advanced Diploma in Visual Art with a focus on sculpture and painting.
My work has been exhibited in local galleries over the last few years.
I like the versatility of resin fibreglass and enjoy the option for transparency with this medium. It is also lightweight and strong. Anything that brings joy or inspires me is worthy of artistic contemplation. Ambiguous organic forms, figures and the ethereal have caught my attention lately.
I was born 1970 in Sydney NSW and grew up in Terry Hills, surrounded by Ku-ring-gai Chase National Park. As a child I made sculptures from white clay found in our creek.
I live in Salamander Bay in Port Stephens, traditionally owned by The Worimi people. I look across to the Mambo Wetlands. There are many natural landforms , flora and fauna here to fuel my imagination.
I have been exhibiting Paintings since 2011, the following shows denote sculptural participation.
2012 Winner ‘Waste Not’ Competition Honeysuckle
2014 Emerging Artist Exhibition at Newcastle Art Space
HIGHLY COMMENDED SCULPTURE
2019 Emerging Artist Exhibition at Newcastle Art Space
2021 Sculpture on the Farm
- Aug 2011 Front Room Gallery oil painting and works on paper
- 2012 Small: Matters of Time Back to back Gallery
- 2012 Raymond Terrace Art Show
- 2012 September Front Room Gallery
- 2012 Winner ‘Waste Not’ Competition Honeysuckle
- 2013 TAFE Upstairs Gallery, The Rabbit Show
- 2013 Small: The Birds and the Bees, Back to Back Gallery
- 2013 Seascape and Beyond, Merewether Surf Club
- 2013 Emerging Artist Exhibition at Newcastle Art Space
- 2013 Tea Gardens Art Show
- 2013 TAFE Upstairs Gallery, Fresh
- 2014 Emerging Artist Exhibition at Newcastle Art Space