|Dimensions||65 × 25 × 35 cm|
This bronze/glass/wood sculpture is inspired by the surface texture of a coral called ‘Agaricia’. The base is made of swamp Kauri, a New Zealand native tree.
Catalogue Number: 073
To : Sculpture on the Farm
I'm a self-thaught artist (1965), born in Amsterdam, moved to New Zealand 10 years ago
and then moved to Australia, Maitland in 2017.
In 2010 I received a grant of 25.000 USD of the Pollock-Krasner Foundation to boost my
Crystel Chen of gallery iShen said:
“Patricia’s latest series ‘Unveiled’ pinpoints familiar human characteristics and paints them as refreshingly positive statements of individualism.
Her series of landscapes are though-provoking metaphors personifying the endless roles we all inhabit throughout life. Trees are painted as symbols to represent particular characteristics.
Patricia encourages the viewer to compose their own meanings from her paintings, but believes that the universality of these subjects will prompt people to identify fragments of their own selves in her work.”
- 2019 Blackstone gallery, Newcastle, Australia (18 May – 22 June)
- 2018 ‘Trades hall’, Bendigo, Australia First Prize WINNER (October)
- 2018 Art Revolution Taipei, Taiwan (18 – 21 May)
- 2017 Lethbridge gallery, Brisbane, Australia FINALIST (10 – 19 June)
- 2017 ART Art Revolution Taipei, Taiwan
- 2015 ‘100 Days of Dutch art’ Ishen gallery, Auckland, New Zealand
- 2015 Ishen gallery, Auckland, New Zealand
- 2015 ART Art Revolution Tapei, Taiwan
- 2014 Dreamscapes, Alden Biesen, Belgium
- 2012 ART Art Revolution Tapei, Taiwan
- 2012 X-power gallery, Taipei, Taiwan
- 2011 Arundel Room, West Sussex, UK
- 2010 New Zealand portrait gallery, Wellington, New Zealand
- 2010 ‘Surrealism Now’, Coimbra, Portugal
- 2010 Culture Inside Eutopia, Luxembourg
- 2010 McGee’s gallery, Melbourne, Australie
- 2009 Art Melbourne, art fair, Australia
- 2009 McGee’s gallery, Melbourne, Australia
- 2008 McGee’s gallery, Melbourne, Australia
- 2008 Dreamscapes exhibition Amsterdam, The Netherlands
- 2007 Artspost gallery, Hamilton, New Zealand
- 2007 Koru gallery, Hong Kong
- 2007 Gallery O, Perth, Australia
- 2006 Pataka Museum, Wellington, New Zealand
- 2006 The Artists Room, Dunedin, New Zealand
- 2006 Fisher Fine Arts, Auckland, New Zealand
- 2005 Kasteel de Hooge Vuursche, The Netherlands
- 2004 ‘Week van de Zee’, Egmond, The Netherlands
- 2004 Galerie Afterdaan, Hoogeveen, The Netherlands
- 2003 Galerie Collect-art, Amersfoort, The Netherlands
- 2016 Dazzle book of James Taylor, ISBN-10: 1591146364
- 2013 Dreamscapes, Marcel Salome, ISBN 9490668052, 9789490668051
- 2012 Stripes, Linda O’Keefe, ISBN-10: 1580933416
- 2012 Catalogue Taipei
- 2012 Interview in magazine ‘the Art of England’.
- 2012 Book cover Fort Gorgeous, Angela Vogel, ISBN-10: 1935716107
- 2011 Book cover ‘Deepening Groove’ of Ravi Shankar, ISBN-10: 1935716085
- 2010 25 Years cover art magazine veterinary
- 2009 CD cover for ‘The Cunning Linguists’, a Los Angeles rap group.
- 2009 Lexicon der Phantastischen kunstler, ISBN-10: 3837084272
- 2008 Art magazine Public Art, South Korea.
- 2009 Dreamscapes, Marcel Salome, ISBN 9789078460022
- 2008 Artfind calender, New Zealand post offices and Whittcouls bookstores.
- 2008 iGoogle theme
- 2007 Dromen door Nederland, Henry Muldrow, ISBN nummer: 9789079123018
- 2007 CD cover San Francisco progressive rock band Metaphor
- 2007 Dreamscapes, Marcel Salome, ISBN 10: 8799063697