|Dimensions||60 × 60 × 80 cm|
Gaze into the empty vessel to witness an echo of itself and the sky above. A monument to Nature’s wonder.
Catalogue Number: 005
To : Sculpture on the Farm
I am a ceramic artist and have been practicing and exhibiting in the Newcastle area for the last 9 years. I graduated from the University of Newcastle with a Bachelor of Fine Art, Honours, in 2010.
Most of my ceramic sculptures are inspired by my natural environment, the shapes, forms, colours and textures of the Australian landscape. I enjoy working with clay because of its versatility and the tactile processes of forming and making the works. I love to make pieces that can be put back into the landscape which has inspired them. Always looking at the plants and land formations around me, I strive to expose the hidden beauty.
- 2019 From the land, Duck rabbit gallery Redfern NSW (presented by Gallery 139)
- 2019 Tabula Rasa, Back to Back Galleries, Newcastle NSW
- 2016-2019 Inspired Hunter Valley Grammar School, Maitland NSW
- 2018 Sculpture in the vineyards, Stonehurst Winery, Wollombi NSW
- 2018 Sprung, Gallery 139, Hamilton NSW
- 2018 Memoranda the University of Newcastle Gallery NSW
- 2018 Between the lines, Back to Back Galleries, Newcastle NSW
- 2017 Hill country, Acrux Gallery Hamilton NSW
- 2017 Artisans in the Gardens, Royal Botanic Gardens, Sydney NSW
- 2017 Emerging Artist Prize, Sculpture in the vineyards, Wollombi NSW
- 2017 Artist in residence, Undercliff winery, Wollombi NSW
- 2016 Sculpture in the Vineyards Wollombi wine trail NSW
- 2016 Sculpture on the Greens, Kooinda Waters , Wyong NSW
- 2016 Beyond the Text, Back to Back Galleries, Newcastle.
- 2015 Sculpture in the vineyards, Wollombi wine trail NSW
- 2015 Sculpture on the Greens, Kooinda Waters , Wyong NSW
- 2014 The Bigger Picture, Back to Back Galleries, Newcastle.
- 2014 Transformations The University Gallery, University of Newcastle, NSW
- 2014 Sculpture in the vineyards, Wollombi wine trail NSW
- 2013 Hunter Region Botanic Gardens Annual Sculpture Prize, Heatherbrae, NSW
- 2012 Sculpture in the vineyards, Wollombi wine trail NSW.
- 2012 Drawing from Experience, John Paynter Gallery, The Lock-up Cultural Centre, Newcastle.
- 2012 Hunter Region Botanic Gardens Annual Sculpture Prize, (second Prize) Heatherbrae, NSW
- 2011 The Nature of Beauty / The Beauty of Nature, Back to Back Gallery, Newcastle
- 2011 Finalist (3D), Newcastle Emerging Artist Prize, Newcastle Art Space, Newcastle.
- 2011 Hunter Region Botanic Gardens Annual Sculpture Prize, Heatherbrae, NSW.
- 2010 Artists and Spaces, Honours Exhibition, University Gallery, Newcastle.
- 2010 Finalist, Newcastle Emerging Artist Prize, NAS, Newcastle. (3D)
- 2009 Finalist, Newcastle Emerging Artist Prize, NAS, Newcastle. (3D)
- 2009 Mistletoe Acquisitive Sculpture Prize, Watt space Gallery, Newcastle.
Mistletoe Winery Sculpture Garden, Pokolbin NSW
The University of Newcastle Art Collection