|Dimensions||50 × 17 × 26 cm|
Pack and send. Place and enjoy.
This piece is inspired by the natural landscape. The form is hand built with clay coils allowing the shape to evolve with an organic feel. Textures and surfaces are enhanced with natural oxides.
To : Sculpture on the Farm
I am a ceramic artist and have been practicing and exhibiting in the Newcastle area for the last 9 years. I graduated from the University of Newcastle with a Bachelor of Fine Art, Honours, in 2010.
Most of my ceramic sculptures are inspired by my natural environment, the shapes, forms, colours and textures of the Australian landscape. I enjoy working with clay because of its versatility and the tactile processes of forming and making the works. I love to make pieces that can be put back into the landscape which has inspired them. Always looking at the plants and land formations around me, I strive to expose the hidden beauty.
- 2019 From the land, Duck rabbit gallery Redfern NSW (presented by Gallery 139)
- 2019 Tabula Rasa, Back to Back Galleries, Newcastle NSW
- 2016-2019 Inspired Hunter Valley Grammar School, Maitland NSW
- 2018 Sculpture in the vineyards, Stonehurst Winery, Wollombi NSW
- 2018 Sprung, Gallery 139, Hamilton NSW
- 2018 Memoranda the University of Newcastle Gallery NSW
- 2018 Between the lines, Back to Back Galleries, Newcastle NSW
- 2017 Hill country, Acrux Gallery Hamilton NSW
- 2017 Artisans in the Gardens, Royal Botanic Gardens, Sydney NSW
- 2017 Emerging Artist Prize, Sculpture in the vineyards, Wollombi NSW
- 2017 Artist in residence, Undercliff winery, Wollombi NSW
- 2016 Sculpture in the Vineyards Wollombi wine trail NSW
- 2016 Sculpture on the Greens, Kooinda Waters , Wyong NSW
- 2016 Beyond the Text, Back to Back Galleries, Newcastle.
- 2015 Sculpture in the vineyards, Wollombi wine trail NSW
- 2015 Sculpture on the Greens, Kooinda Waters , Wyong NSW
- 2014 The Bigger Picture, Back to Back Galleries, Newcastle.
- 2014 Transformations The University Gallery, University of Newcastle, NSW
- 2014 Sculpture in the vineyards, Wollombi wine trail NSW
- 2013 Hunter Region Botanic Gardens Annual Sculpture Prize, Heatherbrae, NSW
- 2012 Sculpture in the vineyards, Wollombi wine trail NSW.
- 2012 Drawing from Experience, John Paynter Gallery, The Lock-up Cultural Centre, Newcastle.
- 2012 Hunter Region Botanic Gardens Annual Sculpture Prize, (second Prize) Heatherbrae, NSW
- 2011 The Nature of Beauty / The Beauty of Nature, Back to Back Gallery, Newcastle
- 2011 Finalist (3D), Newcastle Emerging Artist Prize, Newcastle Art Space, Newcastle.
- 2011 Hunter Region Botanic Gardens Annual Sculpture Prize, Heatherbrae, NSW.
- 2010 Artists and Spaces, Honours Exhibition, University Gallery, Newcastle.
- 2010 Finalist, Newcastle Emerging Artist Prize, NAS, Newcastle. (3D)
- 2009 Finalist, Newcastle Emerging Artist Prize, NAS, Newcastle. (3D)
- 2009 Mistletoe Acquisitive Sculpture Prize, Watt space Gallery, Newcastle.
Mistletoe Winery Sculpture Garden, Pokolbin NSW
The University of Newcastle Art Collection