|Dimensions||30 × 30 × 120 cm|
Installation specialist required, Sculptor delivery with conditions dependent upon destination., You will be put in contact with the artist to discuss installation requirements.
Nature will take hold of any position available to it.
To : Sculpture on the Farm
12 Cintra Road, Waratah 2298
Peter’s artistic career began at Newcastle College of Advanced Education, where he studied plant and wildlife illustration. He discovered a love of sculpture after picking up a discarded piece of wood. Having transferred the image from his head to the wood, he was captivated by the sculptural art form.
A turning point in Peter’s career was when he became involved with ‘Tracks’, Roger McFarlane’s sculpture studio in Newcastle. Here, under the tuition of Will Haas and Roger, he began to use materials such as soapstone, limestone, clay and aerated concrete, as well as to employ various mould-making techniques. Peter’s tendency is toward semi-abstract, figurative sculpture.
His work has been shown in galleries and exhibitions throughout New South Wales. He was selected to participate in the 2000 Thredbo Sculpture Symposium and his piece, ‘Snowgums’, is now part of the Thredbo Sculpture Walk. His sculptures have found homes within Australia and overseas.
Member of the Sculptors’ Society
- February 2000 Thredbo Sculpture Symposium
- March 2000 ‘Snowgums’ installed in Thredbo Alpine Village
- March 2001 Wyong Shire Festival of Arts (Highly Commended)
- December 2002 Honeysuckle Sculptors’ Exhibition
- January 2003 Tilligerry Environment Art Prize
- June 2003 Newcastle City West Artwalk Exhibition
- January 2004 Tilligerry Sculpture Prize
- September 2005 Mattara Sculpture People’s Choice Award
- April 2006 Mosman sculpture walk
- October 2009 Mattara sculpture prize abstract
- October 2009 Mattara peoples choice
- June 2010 Hunter region botanic gardens sculpture prize 2nd place
- August 2010 Install “PINNACLE” Hunter valley botanical gardens
- June 2017 Hunter valley Grammar sculpture prize