enjoy delving into the Artists' Biographies
- PhD (Visual Arts), James Cook University, Queensland.
- MA (Creative Arts), Charles Sturt University, New South Wales.
- Grad Dip Ed, Southern Cross University, New South Wales.
- BA (Creative Arts), Southern Cross University, New South Wales. Special education
Teaching Experience (1990-2016)
- James Cook University Cairns.
- Far North Queensland Institute TAFE, Cairns:
- Remote Aboriginal and Torres Strait Island Education Unit.
- Indigenous and Islander Product Development Unit.
- Trinity Bay High School.
- Smithfield High School.
- St Monica\’s College.
- School of Distance Education.
- Mossman High School.
- New South Wales:
- Nimbin Central School. NSW
- Richmond River High School. NSW
- Kadina High School.NSW
Selected Project Management/Festivals/Conferences
- 2016-2019 Coproducer and playwright of Alice in the Antipathies, Cairns Performing Arts Centre, Cairns; Damansara Performing Arts Centre, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- 2015 Curator/artist: ‘Tropics>Tropics Tour’, Johor Bharu, Malaysia.
- 2011 Impact 7, Melbourne – Conference Paper/speaker.
- 2009 Curator/artist :‘On the Edge’, International Tour to Delhi (Indira Gandhi Art Centre) & Jaipur International Festival.
- 2008 EKC Conference Paper “Using art practice to argue Human Rights issues”, Hertfordshire, UK.
- 2007 Speaker at Feminist Agenda Conference Townsville.
- 2006 Keynote Speaker, Moving from Rhetoric to Diversity of Practice, Immigrant Women’s Support Services Forum, Brisbane.
- 2005 Women’s Empowerment Workshops: Townsville, Innisfail, Bundaberg, Caloundra & Gympie, Queensland
- 2003 Curator/artist – Women’s Art and Weavings from the Torres Strait, International Women’s Conference, Townsville
- 2001 Coordinator – Centenary of Federation Celebration, Stratford, Qld
Curator/artist – ‘Adopt an Artist’
Selected Solo Exhibitions
- 2019 ‘Alice in the Antipathies’, CPAC, Cairns
- 2018 ‘Lasting Impressions, The Art of Printmaking’ Bank Negara Gallery, Kuala Lumpur
- 2016 ‘Connect’ Vivo’s Palm Cove
- 2015 ‘Footprints’, Vivo’s Palm Cove
- 2013 ‘Watermark’, Tanks Art Centre Cairns
‘Watermark’, Fine Arts Gallery, Chiang Mai University (Residency)
- 2010 ‘Unfolding Narratives’, Barratt Gallery, Alstonville, Bellingen Library
- 2009 Book Launch/ Exhibition of Images (Crockee’s Country & Moving House), Cairns Regional Gallery, James Cook University Library
Local Narratives, Cell Artspace, Cairns.
- 2004-06 ‘Through the Looking Glass’, Touring Regional Queensland: Mourilyan, Townsville, Bundaberg, Hervey Bay, Caloundra, Gympie, Cairns Regional Galleries
- 1998-99 ‘Alice in the Interface’, Touring Regional Queensland: Umbrella Studio, Townsville; The Tanks Art Centre, Bundaberg Art Centre.
Selected Group Exhibitions
- 2014 ‘Inkfest’, Tanks Art Centre, Cairns
- 2013 ‘Little Boxes’ Vivo’s Palm Cove, Cairns
‘Paper… on and off’ Tanks Art Centre, Cairns
‘Sentinels 145° 38\’ 14.17\” E, 16° 50\’ 08.63\” S’ Kick Arts Cairns, Tableland Regional Gallery Atherton
‘Asian Influences’ Canopy ArtSpace, Cairns QLD
‘Inside/Out, Inkmasters Exhibition, Circa 1907 Gallery, Cairns, touring Regional Queensland.
‘So Many Minds 2’, International Contemporary Art Exhibition,
Chiang Mai University Art Center
- 2012 ‘Inkfest’, Tanks Art Centre, Canopy Artspace
‘Works on Paper’ – Inkmasters exhibition Circa 1907, Cairns
- 2011 ‘Impress, Body to Body’ Cairns Regional Gallery, Tablelands RG, Perc Tucker Townsville
‘Epicurious’ – Vivo’s, Palm Cove, QLD, Stephen McLaughlan Gallery Melbourne, Victoria, ‘Inkmasters Inaugural Exhibition’ – Circa 1907, Cairns, 2011
‘Place and Being’, – Townsville, Queensland
- 2010 ‘Hankie Project’ – Barratt Gallery, Alstonville, NSW
‘Wonderland’, Vivo’s, Palm Cove, QLD
- 2008-09 ‘On the Edge’ India Tour, Tanks Arts Centre Cairns, Umbrella Studios, Townsville,
Artspace, Mackay, Gympie Regional Gallery
- 2007 ‘Cocoon Project’: Tanks Art Centre, Cairns
- 2003 ‘No Boundaries’ JCU postgraduate exhibition
‘Corresponding Latitudes’, COCA Cairns, Jaipur, Udaipur, Bikaneer, India
‘Adopt an Artist’, Centenary of Federation Celebration, Stratford, Queensland
- 2001 ‘New Image, New Ways’ Australian High Commission, Singapore
- 1994 Carnivale, Lismore Regional Gallery, NSW
Artist in Residence
- 2018 AsiaLink Residence in Kuala Lumpur Malaysia
- 2012-13 Chiang Mai University, Thailand
- 1998 The Tanks Art Centre, Cairns, Qld
Community Involvement/Public Arts projects, Workshops/ Project Management
- Disability Week Workshops, Coastal dreaming, Innisfail & JCU, Cairns
- Guest speaker- Cairns International Women’s Day
- Co-ordinator, Starry Starry Night Ball, Stratford Bowling Club
- Guest speaker- Innisfail Sugar Museum, International Women’s Breakfast
- Coordinator of Centenary of Federation Celebrations, Stratford
- Lantern making/ Children’s/Printmaking workshops ,Cairns Festival , Inkfest, TanksArts Centre
- 2015 AMMA, Malaysia – Global Award for Human Rights through Art
Federal, State and Regional Grants
- 2018 QASP Grant for Touring Alice in the Antipathies
- 2016 RADF and RAF for Alice in the Antipathies
- 2015 RADF, Arts Queensland for Tropics to Tropics Project.
Quick Response Grant to accept Award in Malaysia
- 2009 Australia India Council Grant.
Arts Queensland Career Development Grant
- 2007 Q150 Grant, RADF.
Quick Response Grant.
- 2006 Continuing Scholarship (JCU)
- 2005 Artworkers Alliance Small Grants.
Write up Grant (JCU)
- 2004 Arts Queensland (Small Grants)
- 2001-04 Australian Postgraduate Award (JCU)
- 2001 RADF grants (3)
- Southern Cross University, NSW
- Grafton Regional Gallery, NSW
- Private Collections in Australia, Malaysia and Sweden
- Caroline Furlong -Arts Nexus May-June 2000
- Anne Donohue – Townsville Bulletin 26/2/99
- Marina Muecke -The Cairns Post, 26/6/98
- Carrie Bies – FNCIA Newsletter Aug 1998
- Eyeline – Summer 1998/1999
- Periphery No 37 Summer 1998/1999
- Rilka Oakley – Periphery No. 23/5/95
- Michael Berry – Periphery No. 5/11/90
- Geoff Levitus – Periphery No. 1/10/89
- Children’s books Crockee’s Country and Moving House (2009) [Author & Illustrator]
- Art Monthly, Australia, “Carked” it like a Cassowary, June 2009
- Pratilipi, International Crosscurrents, September 2009
- Times International, Introducing On the Edge, Issue 2, 2008
- Visual Echoes: Using art practice to argue Human Rights issues 2007
- Arts Nexus Issue 62 – Review: FACE to FACE, April-July 2007 –
- Kasama Vol.20, No. 4 – Review: The power of persuasion in Visual Imagery Oct-Dec 2006
- Various articles in Arts Nexus from 2002 – 2006