Studio: 10 / 48 Kalaroo Road, Redhead NSW 2290 Australia
Mobile: 0422 678 042 Email: BRIEF OUTLINE
- 1948 Born Ohrid, Republic of Macedonia
- 1966 Emigrated to Australia. Gained Australian citizenship in 1969
- 1970-75 Studied Fine Art at the Tasmanian School of Art, National Gallery of Victoria Art School and
Victorian College for the Arts
- 1976 First sculptor to receive Keith and Elizabeth Murdoch Travelling Fellowship.
- 1977-2002 Travel studies in France, Germany, UK, Canada and USA. Received 7 more travel grants
which enabled travel studies in West and East Germany, Russia, Bulgaria, Greece, Yugoslavia,
Italy, Switzerland, UK, South Korea, China and USA
- 1985-87 Master of Fine Arts from City Art Institute, Sydney
2002-2005 PhD Research, Deakin University, Melbourne Australia 2005-current Full time sculptor based in Redhead NSW
1973-2018 35 major solo plus more than 59 landmark group exhibitions nationally and internationally
GRANTS AND AWARDS
Vlasé has received 31 major awards and 26 commissions during his career so far.
His sculpture is in public collections at the Australian National Gallery in Canberra, Museum of Modern Art Heide and the National Gallery of Victoria in Melbourne, Mildura Arts Centre, Arts Centre of Prilep and the National Gallery of Macedonia, Henry Moore Sculpture Park in Bretton Hall, West Bretton UK and several other public institutions. Work also included in the collections of numerous private institutions and individuals.
Represented in many art publications including monograph by Konca Pirkoska: “Vlase Nikoleski – Sculpture” covering 25 years of art making.
8 years at Canberra School of Art ANU plus 24 years at the University of Newcastle teaching Fine Art Sculpture and Drawing. 19 years of conducting summer school sculpture classes at the University of Southern Queensland in Toowoomba. He is thoroughly emersed in sculpture and teaching has provided ongoing impetus to his art making. Currently Vlasé is Emeritus Professor of Fine Art at the University of Newcastle
and a full-time sculptor.